1. Execute the plans, policies and directives of the Department.
2. Assist Dzongkhag in all Citizenship and Census Matters.
3. Prepare an annual budget for the sector at Dzongkhag.
4. Coordinate between the Dzongkhag and the Department on Citizenship and Civil Registration matters.
5. Verify and process the applications for Civil Registration and Census Services.
6. Approve online services as delegated to the Dzongkhag.
7. Collect and distribute CID/SRP cards.
8. Plan and conduct Annual Census as per the guideline.
9. Verify, compile and submit reports on Civil Registration & Census cases.
10. Implement behavioral indicators reflected in Competency Based Framework.
11. Issue population figures upon written approval of the Department only.
12. Ensure unauthorized people do not have access to BCRS.
13. Enhance effective and efficient service delivery.
14. Attend grievances of the clients.
15. Carry out Civil Registration & Census investigations cases with written instructions from the Office of the Gyalpoi Zimpon except
1.Genuine Dropout cases which can be initiated from Dzongkhag.
2. Children born to parent(s) who are recorded in BCRS/CIS.
16. Carry out Civil Registration and Census verifications in presence of the Tshogpa and Gup for Gewogs. All documents furnished during the course of investigations should be endorsed by the Tshogpa and Gup.
17. Ensure the verification report has the recommendation of the Dzongkhag signed by Dzongdag and forward to the Department with all the required formalities.
No. of staff : 03
Male : 03
Female : 00
Note: Information as of 18/10/2022